Agriculture is the state’s largest industry with an annual economic impact of $70 billion and providing more than half a million jobs.
Alabama Power wants to help your farming business save money.
We have energy options for fueling your farm in a more cost-effective and efficient way.
Alabama farmers are switching to electric systems to save money and energy. That is because today's electric irrigation systems provide a number of benefits:
- Reduced fuel costs compared to diesel (rate dependent).
- Reliable energy source with stable electric prices.
- Low operating and maintenance costs (no oil changes, fewer parts to keep lubricated).
- Quiet and convenient (push-button start, timer or remote).
- Environmentally friendly (no fuel tank, fuel spills or emissions).
And Alabama Power supports motor conversion with a cash incentive of $10 per horsepower (conditions apply). We also offer electricity pricing tailored to meet the needs and unique operations of our state’s farmers. To learn more about electric rate options for farming or to receive an analysis of your specific operation, including an energy-savings estimate, call Alabama Power to connect with your local representative at 1-888-430-5787.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture and others have developed grants for farmers in Alabama. The programs provide funding and financial assistance to farmers for a wide array of activities. Alabama Power encourages you to review these grants to see if they are applicable for your business:
- Rural Energy for America Renewable Energy Systems & Energy Efficiency Improvement Program
- Alabama Irrigation Equipment Tax Credit
- Rural Energy Savings Program (RESP)
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP).
You can find more than 100 government-supported grant and loan programs for agriculture by clicking this link: FederalGrantsWire.com.